Hall of Fame Committee
The Hall of Fame Committee is comprised of nine individuals, each of whom may nominate former athletes or coaches, and whom also accept nominations from the general public. Notices will appear in the Battle Creek Enquirer and Battle Creek Shopper each fall asking for community nominations. The nomination deadline is November 1st of each year.
Former Lakeview athletes must have earned at least one varsity letter and have graduated at least ten years prior to their nomination to be eligible for the Hall of Fame. Nominated athletes should have made significant and distinguished contributions to their athletic teams. Former Lakeview coaches must have retired five years prior to their nomination to be eligible for the honor.
Send names and detailed athletic accomplishments of prospective nominees to:
Mr. Greg Hermsen
Lakeview High School
15060 S. Helmer Rd.
Battle Creek, MI 49015.
The athletic history for a nominee should include the following:
- Number of varsity letters earned per sport
- Any individual recognitions earned, including, team captain, most valuable player, most improved player, All-City, All-Conference, All-State, Regional Champion, State Champion, etcetera.
- Any school records set by the nominee.
- Where the nominee placed in conference competition, in which years and in what events.
- Any conference records set by the nominee.
- Where the nominee placed in state competition, in which years and in what events.
- Any state records set by the nominee.
- Did the nominee continue participating in athletics at the college level? Where? Did the nominee earn a varsity letter or any other awards or recognition?
- Where is the nominee living today? What career path have they pursued?
Documentation for all submitted athletic accomplishments should be readily available to the committee. Documentation could include copies of certificates, newspaper articles, season ending summary programs, team programs and year book articles.
Each fall, newly inducted Hall of Fame members will be honored, along with their family and friends, at a reception at Lakeview High School. A plaque detailing each individual's athletic history will be prominently displayed at Lakeview High School.